Located on a hill at the beginning of the Hasankeyf-Batman road, İmam Abdullah Zawiyah is a social complex developed over time around a zawiyah belonging to İmam Abdullah who was believed to be a descendant of Hz. Muhammed and well-respected by local people.
The buildings in the first group which are surrounded by walls and stepped terraces include a sacred tomb to the north of the courtyard, as attached to it to the east a minaret and a large zawiya room, of which body walls and cover were partly demolished, a masjid to the south and a room attached to the north in a later period. The second-group of buildings which include a few fragments of wall survived to the present on the foundation level lie to the southeast of the area. All buildings have become a graveyard over time .
The excavations in 2006 yielded a pool of 6.90 x 6.60 m in the cemetery to the east of the existing buildings, and its floor was reached at -0.90 m from the in situ level . To the north of the pool, remains of an iwan were uncovered which are not on the same axis. Although remains of a wall were identified to the east and west of the iwan with a floor at a mean depth of 0.60 m, no excavation was carried out due to the graves in the surrounding area. The excavation in the area lying to the southeast of the present zawiyah and considered to have been a vaulted room based on the available traces yielded architectural remains of the original zawiyah .
Based on these findings, it is believed that the original zawiyah was built in the 12th century during the Artuqid Period; and since it was demolished, it was rebuilt during the reign of Ayyubid Sultan Takiyüddin Abdullah (1249-1294) over the sacred tomb of İmam Abdullah; and it was repaired by the White Sheep Turcomans in 878 (1478) according to the epigraph at the entrance to the tomb.
The blinding engraved wooden door that has been preserved in the Diyarbakır Museum is one of the wooden pieces survived to the present day in its original condition.